>

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The two kinds of courage - from a Hiroshima's survivor

I saw a documentary about Hiroshima and an old lady said the following and it is still on my mind:

"I have discovered that there are two kinds of courage: the courage of living and the courage of dying.
My sister did choose the courage of dying. I have chosen the courage of living."

I don't think I need to say anymore but you are not seeing the woman and I have her image on my mind and all the story she told so I did my little discoveries:
I've discovered that we all have the two courages and also that sometimes we can say "the courage of happiness" and the "courage of sadness".
Hope it makes some sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes sense to me!

Ana said...

I'm glad somebody said anything.
We think it's so eloquent and sometimes it's just for us.
Thank you!